Saturday, July 7, 2012

The 'As If' Aspect of Positive Thinking




Someone was recently talking about positive thinking. Does it really work? Does it work consistently? How come it seems to work for some and not others? are all questions I have pondered.

One of the concepts that came up was 'the acting as if your dream is true now'. Dr. Norman Vincent Peale talks about the "ACTING AS IF" principle in one of his classic books. I'm constantly emphasizing that to clients and myself as well. From the age of 10 to 17 I gave thanks, prayed and ''acted as if' I was in college.

My senior year of high school, Berea College, Berea, KY accepted me after I wrote them a heart felt honest letter. So yes, this 'ACTING AS IF' concept does work. Maybe not every single day, if we are not in the flow constantly, and most of us are not always not always in the flow, maybe to teach us patience, humility? But when we are in the flow that is great!
Blessings,  Mikethe Psychic/Poet/Channel/Metaphysical Spiritual Teacher and Author of  metaphysical books:  Morning Coffee With God  and  God's Many Mansions  www.bn.com    www.amazon.com  /  www.mikethepsychic.com  


No comments:

Post a Comment